Bahamian Author and Preacher Myles Munroe was one of the excellent preacher on the subject of purpose. His sermon “Understanding your purpose in life” is one which I would recommend for everyone on the surface of the earth.
The sermon is indeed loaded. And I would advise you go through the excerpt of the sermon below, download and listen to the sermon over and over again.
- Heroes don’t want to die because deep in their hearts, they know that they had not finished what they were born to start.
- Those who have fulfilled their purpose welcome death, they are not afraid to die.
Topic to look at: The laws of personal success from the Kingdom perspective.
Five questions to ask yourself.
- Who am I ? (Question of Identity)
- Where am I from ? (Question of Heritage/Source)
- Why am I here ? Question of purpose.
- What can I do ? (Question of Potential. What’s my true power. )
- Where am I going ? (Question of destiny)
These five questions are the questions of life and they summarize everything about human.
- If you try to find out where are you from by using your ethnic heritage you will get lost.
- You can never know who you are, until you find out where you are from.
- If you don’t know who you are and you don’t know where you are from, you can’t know why you are here.
- To be a genius, all you need do is use 1 % more of your brain than others.
- Success is predictable, Also, failure is also predictable.
- Success is predictable, because life is designed to function by laws.
- The success not everything God created protects his reputation.
- My success is at God’s best interest!
- The last thing, a manufacturer put on a product is it image.
- When God created a product called Man, He put his image on him.
- I didn’t begin, when God created me. Jer.1:5
- The purpose is built into the the product, you were not born to find your purpose. You were born with your purpose.
- No one knows a product like the manufacturer.
- Success is life, is as a result of the decisions you make, so is failure.
- Everyone comes to earth, but you decide how much of you is manifested.
- If you know who you really are, you will be afraid to meet yourself.
- God wouldn’t have allowed you to begin, unless you are already finished.
I make known the end from the beginning,Isa 46:10 NIV
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.’
- God told to grow up and not grow old. because he wants us to relate with him as a child.
- Who you really are, is the thing you taught of first.
- You will never be happy until you find your purpose.
- The last thing satan wants you to know is your purpose. Purpose is the only thing that is right for you.
- The enemy of right is not wrong, the enemy of right is good.
- Find your work, and not a job. There’s a difference between your job and your work. You can be fired from your job, but you can’t be fired from your work. You job is your skill, your work is your gift. Your Job kills you, your work gives you life.
Job: What they pay you to do. Your job gives you financesDr. Myles Munroe
Work: What you are born to do. Your work gives you fulfilment.
- Jesus called all he did on Earth, WORK.
- If what you are doing is not what you saw, then what you are doing is temporary.
Proverbs 19:21 NIV means three things;
- Firstly, PURPOSE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN PLANS
- Secondly, PURPOSE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PLANS
- Thirdly, PURPOSE PRECEEDS PLANS