Are you struggling with sleep during prayers, and you have prayed about it. This article from P.Daniel Olawande will be of great help
One major enemy people battle with in the place of prayers is sleep, I remember sometimes as soon as prayer starts, it’s just like a sleeping dose was given to me.
I have cried and wept bitterly about the issues of sleep disturbing my prayers. I thought after crying to God, He will rebuke sleep & ensure that as soon as I start praying I won’t sleep again.Haha it didn’t happen ooo.
See it’s not happening to you alone, even Peter and his colleagues slept during prayers
“And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?”Matthew 26:39-40 KJV
But the result of peter’s sleeping is that followed from afar, denied Jesus thrice, and went back to fishing. If he had prayed he would have been imparted with supernatural enablement to withstand the wiles of the devil.
Prayer is a platform for the supply of supernatural energy.
Sleep is very good for rest and refreshing yet it can be one of your greatest enemy, it can rub you of destiny opportunities. May you not be fast asleep on the day your golden opportunity comes knocking at your door and you can’t hear until it returns.
“So wake up, sleepyhead. How long will you lie there? When will you wake up and get out of bed?”Proverbs 6:9 TPT
TO DEAL WITH SLEEP IN PRAYERS
- You need discipline and determination
- When you are feeling sleepy don’t deceive yourself, don’t lie down or kneel down, stand up, walk around, shout the prayers, jump, combine exercise with prayers.
- Sleep early to wake early
- Eat light, you cannot want to do a vigil and finish a bowl of pounded yam, you will only pray in your dreams.
- It’s good to also have a prayer partner who can tap you when you doze off and you must be sincere to agree that you slept not lying and saying I didn’t sleep. I was just meditating.
- Pray with loud music or messages
- Pray out loud (SOROSOKE), engage your body, it is easy to sleep when silent.
I call you blessed.
I hope you have registered and planned to attend YMR (Young Ministers Retreat )2020
Oya register now, using the link below:
I see a burning generation